A number of members have expressed a desire to get their D Certificate.
As was mentioned at the muster, we will hold a clinic/workshop at 9am on Saturday 28th October. The schedule for the day is:
- Work through the Workbook that will be provided.
- Demonstrate proficiency at various tasks at this level
- It is expected that the course clinic will run for 2 hours
- At the conclusion the workbooks will be collected and assessed.
- Muster uniform is essential.
- Cost will be $10 to cover the cost of the workbooks and certificates.
- Nominations must be on line by Friday Night.
- You should preferably bring your own horse, or you can use one of the agisted horses at the club. I will arrange to have a couple available.
Things you will need to know
- Be able to identify the various parts of the bridle
- Know the various parts of the horse
- know the various parts of a saddle. - Look up what a crupper is.
- Rules when riding a horse on the road.
- Basic understanding of what a pony eats.
I have put some links here for some material that may help you with this.